2. Who we are
- Our company name is Atoa Payments Limited
- Our site addresses are www.paywithatoa.co.uk and www.atoa.me
- Our company is a UK Limited company registered in England
- Our registered company number is 13910811.
- Our registered address is 85 Great Portland Street, First Floor, London W1W 7LT
- We are registered with the ICO under registration number ZB502951
- Our nominated representative can be contacted at email@example.com.
3. What we may collect
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you put into forms or surveys on our app or site at any time
- A record of any correspondence between you and Atoa
- Information about your computer (e.g. your IP address, browser, operating system, etc.) for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers
- Your full name, phone number, company name, company number and registered address (where applicable)
- Your bank name, account name, account number and sort code (to facilitate authorised payments and refunds via Atoa mobile apps and websites.
- The name, phone number, and or e-mail of people you refer to Atoa is uploaded to our database for issuing referral credits. Under GDPR we will ensure that your personal data is processed lawfully, fairly, and transparently, without adversely affecting your rights.
- Your photo is for the purpose of displaying as a user avatar. This can be the image you've selected from your gallery or the image taken by you from your camera. This photo will not be shared outside the app. You can also opt-out from uploading a photo.
4. How do we use your data?
- When you sign up to receive our news updates. We will collect your name and email address to provide you with our news updates in line with any preferences you have told us about. When we send you our news updates because you have opted-in to receive them, we rely on your consent to contact you. We may use your personal data to provide information, products and services that you request, or (with your consent) which we think may interest you and to allow you to use our interactive services if you want to.
You can unsubscribe from our updates at any time by responding to any email you receive from us to tell us you wish to unsubscribe or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
- When you contact us either by phone, email, via our 'contact us' page or via social media, we will usually collect your name, social media handle and contact details, because it’s in our legitimate interest to make sure we can properly respond to your query.
- When you apply for a job with us we may collect your name, contact details, recruitment information (e.g. right to work documentation and references), test results (inc. psychometric), qualifications, accreditations and any additional information we may receive from our recruitment partners. We will use your personal information to assess your suitability for our available roles. We do this to perform our contract obligations or to take steps at your request, before entering into a contract. Where we process your right to work documentation, we will do so to comply with our legal obligations.
- If our business is sold. We process your personal information for this purpose because we have a legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer. If you object to our use of your personal information in this way, the buyer of our business may not be able to provide services to you.
5. Who do you share my data with?
- Business partners, for the performance of the contract we enter into with them or you.
- Merchants, in order to enable payments to be made to the merchants using our app, we share limited amount of information that includes bank type, amount paid and last three digits of customer's bank account.
- Promotional events and marketing organisations, we do not sell data for marketing purposes. We will always tell you before and you will be given the chance to opt-out if this ever changes.
- Prospective buyers of our business under our legitimate interest to ensure our business can be continued by the buyer.
6. Where do you store my data?
We store your data on third-party servers which are inside and outside of the United Kingdom.
When working with third parties we may need to transfer your personal data outside of the UK and/or EU.
Whenever we transfer your personal information outside of the UK and the EU, we ensure it receives additional protection as required by law. To keep this policy as short and easy to understand as possible, we haven’t set out the specific circumstances when each of these protection measures are used. You can contact us at email@example.com for more detail on this.
7. How long do you keep my data for?
We will only retain your personal information for as long as we need it unless we are required to keep it for longer to comply with our legal, accounting or regulatory requirements.
We delete your account information 6 months after your last application with us. Other information related to your account will be deleted 2 years after your account has become inactive.
In some circumstances we may carefully anonymise your personal data so that it can no longer be associated with you, and we may use this anonymised information indefinitely without notifying you. We use this anonymised information to improve the way we work.